PRIVACY AND COOKIES:
This privacy notice describes how the Ai Asset X (“AIX”) generally handles personal information collected through www.Aiassetx.com, www. Aianalytix.com, www.africaplc.com and other websites controlled by Africa Investor.Holdings (Ai). The Ai AssetX is the trading name of Ai, a public liability company registered in the Seychelles, IBC Registration No: 172195, with its registered office at Unit 117, Orion Mall, Palm Street, P.O.Box 828 Victoria, Mahe, Seychelles.
This privacy notice may be revised from time to time to reflect changes in law or changes in Ai AssetX business operation. This privacy notice was last updated on 18 October 2017.
- SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice only applies to www.aiassetx.com, www.aianalytix.com and any other Africa Investor website where a link to this privacy notice is provided. These websites are controlled by Africa Investor (“Ai”), whose ultimate holding company is Africa investor Holdings, a company incorporated in the Seychelles
If you are a job applicant, please note that in addition to this privacy notice, a separate privacy notice will apply to personal information collected through our job application portal in addition to this privacy notice.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
The information we may collect through our websites includes:
- your name, address, occupation and other contact information;
- information regarding your dealings with us;
- any interest you have in relation to our services or our practice areas (including job openings);
- any information you may voluntarily submit to us by completing any form on our websites; and
- details of your visits to and usage of our website including the date and time of your visit, the internet address from which you visited and the resources on our website that you viewed.
We may collect the information in various ways:
- from any form you may complete and submit through our websites, for example information collected from the “Contact Us” page of our website;
- from the content of surveys that you may complete on our website;
- from ‘cookies’ and other similar tools deployed on our websites (for further information regarding cookies used on our websites, please see Section 6 below)
- when you provide information as a client of a Ai AssetX, Ai Analytix or Africa Investor in connection with it providing professional services to you. Such information may be collected through www.aiassetx.com or www.aianalytix.com when clients access Ai client links within this website. Access will be subject to the terms of business Africa Investor has with clients and any additional terms and conditions of use attached to those sites; and
- WHAT WE MAY DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways and for purposes specified in the relevant parts of the website:
- to facilitate your participation in interactive features you may choose to use on our websites;and
- to correspond with you, notify you of events or changes to our service, or otherwise to respond to your queries and requests for information, which may include marketing to you.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Ai AssetX or Ai Analytix may disclose your personal information to any company affiliated or associated with Africa Investor for the uses and purposes set out above. We may disclose your personal information to independent third parties:
- in accordance with the separate terms and conditions of use that may attach to Africa Investor website links; and
- where this is necessary for the uses and purposes set out above (for example, where some aspects of our websites’ operations are outsourced to a third-party service provider).
- COOKIES AND INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOUR COMPUTER
When you visit our website, our server may record your IP address for the purposes of systems administration. In most cases, your IP address is not linked to any of your personal information, but in limited circumstances (e.g. if you log into restricted parts of our website), your IP address can be linked to your personal information. Ai may also gather other non-personal information from you (from which Ai cannot identify you), such as the type of your internet browser, which Ai uses to provide you with a more effective service.
Additionally, when you visit our websites, Ai may store a ‘cookie’ on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes collect information about your usage of websites. You can control the way in which cookies are used by altering your browser settings.
In order to help us improve our websites and the services we provide and to improve your experience of using our websites, our websites use two types of cookies:
- Session cookie. This type of cookie is used only on those parts of our websites that are restricted and can only be accessed by authorized users who typically authenticate themselves through their user IDs and passwords (e.g. our online client/carrier tools). This type of cookie is essential to keep authenticated users logged into our websites and to enable them to visit different parts of our websites. It will be stored on your computer for a short period (typically 48 hours) and the information held in it will be accessed automatically to authenticate you when you visit the website again. Otherwise, this cookie will be deleted when you log out and close the browser.
- Google Analytics. This cookie is provided by Google, and we use them on our websites in order to analyze how visitors use our website, thereby helping us to improve our websites. Google Analytics collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to our websites, how visitors have arrived to our websites, and which pages on our website the visitors have viewed. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
Please note that our websites do not recognise or respond to any signal which your browser might transmit through the so-called ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have. Enabling such feature on your browser will not necessarily affect the way in which our websites operate, and if you wish to disable cookies on our websites, you should not rely on any ‘Do Not Track’ feature your browser might have.
Africa Investor or any affiliated company maintains appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your data against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or alteration. Despite this, the security of the transmission of information via the Internet cannot always be guaranteed and you acknowledge this in your access and use of our websites.
From time to time, we may change our privacy notice and post those changes to our website located at www.aiassetx.com and www.africainvestor.com. The effective date of this privacy notice, as indicated at the beginning of this privacy notice, indicates the last time this privacy notice was revised or materially changed. Checking the effective date below allows you to determine whether there have been changes since the last time you reviewed the policy. We will notify you of changes to this privacy notice by posting the revised privacy notice on our website.